MI/1012/01 Introduction to Building Design and Technology
- Understand the term ‘building design’ and ‘building technology’
- Understand the fundamentals of building design and technology
MI/1012/02 Principles of Engineering and Architecture
- Be able to identify the primary duties, and attributes of a civil engineer and an architect.
- Understand the different principles of Engineering and Architecture
- Be able to explain basic concepts related building
MI/1012/03 Elements of the Building
- Identify the basic elements of a building.
- Be able to explain the properties of building elements.
- Recognize the functions of each building elements.
MI/1012/04 Materials Technology
- Identify the different types of materials used in building construction.
- Understand the Characteristics, properties, and applicable standards of construction materials.
- Learn the process of material selection for a building design.
MI/1012/05 Introduction to Architectural Design
- Understand the term ‘Architecture’ and ‘Design’
- Understand the basic design theories and strategies related to the development of spatial concepts in architectural design
- Learn the architecture of famous buildings.
MI/1012/06 Innovative and Sustainable Design
- Recognize the term ‘Sustainability’ and the importance of it.
- Evaluate sustainability concepts and criteria.
- Learn the innovative and sustainable projects.
MI/1012/07 Structural and Construction Technology
- Understand the fundamental concepts and principles of structure.
- Identify the structural materials and their properties.
- Learn the principles of building and construction technology.
MI/1012/08 Building Services
- Understand the importance of efficient service system for a building.
- Learn the Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing systems in a building.
MI/1012/09 Construction Drawings and documents
- Identify the different types of construction drawing.
- Identify and describe Schematic Design, Design Development, Construction Documents, Bidding and Negotiation, and Construction Administration.
- Be able to read a construction drawing of a building.
MI/1012/10 Construction processes
- Understand the different phases of construction.
- Identify the different steps in the construction process.
- Understand the basics of project planning and control.
MI/1012/11 Construction Methods
- Understand the fundamentals of construction Methods
- Identify the different types of Modern construction methods.
- Be able to learn the basic construction techniques and procedures through project applications.
MI/1012/12 Final Examination
- Apply the theories learned during the lectures in the examination.